Aussie Lamb Burgers with Beetroot Salsa
If beetroot on a beef burger makes it an Aussie burger, doesn't beetroot on a lamb burger make it a super Aussie burger?
Prep: 15 m Cook: 15 m Servings: 4
18oz lamb mince
1 red onion, ﬁnely chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
¼ cup ﬂat-leaf parsley leaves
3 tsp ground cumin
1 cup mint leaves, plus extra to garnish
15oz canned baby beetroot, drained
1 tbs ﬁnely chopped coriander leaves
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tbs olive oil
3½ oz soft goat's cheese
Toasted hamburger buns and lettuce, to serve
1. Place the lamb in the bowl of a food processor with half the onion, the garlic, parsley, 2 teaspoons of the cumin and ¼ cup of the mint. Pulse until the mixture comes together. Season with salt and pepper and form into 4 patties.
2. Cut beetroot into small cubes. Place in a bowl with the remaining onion, cumin and mint. Add the coriander, lemon juice and oil, then season and set aside.
3. Preheat the grill to high.
4. Grease a chargrill or frypan and heat over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Crumble cheese on top of each patty. Place under grill for about 1 minute until cheese is bubbling.
5. Serve burgers on toasted buns with lettuce, beetroot salsa and extra mint leaves.