Spicy Steak with Sweet Potato
March 29, 2017
- 4 Garlic Cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tsps Dried chili flakes
- 1 tbsp Dried oregano
- 1/2 cup Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup Red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps Olive oil
- 4 Beef scotch fillet steaks (divided)
- 1 lb Orange sweet potato (peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 3 ozs Baby rocket
- Sour Cream to serve
- Place garlic, chili flakes, oregano, parsley, vinegar and ½ cup of oil in a small food processor. Process until well combined. Transfer half the marinade to a large bowl, reserve remaining marinade. Add steaks to bowl and season with salt and pepper. Turn steaks to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours (don’t marinate longer, as vinegar will start to cook and toughen the meat). Heat remaining oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes. Cook, stirring often, for 15 minutes or until tender. Remove pan from heat.
- Meanwhile, preheat barbecue grill or chargrill pan on medium-high heat. Drain steaks from marinade. Cook steaks for 3 minutes on each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove to a plate. Cover and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Return pan with sweet potatoes to high heat. Add reserved marinade. Cook for 2 minutes. Place rocket in a bowl. Add sweet potato mixture. Toss to combine. Slice steaks. Place sweet potato mixture on plates. Top with steak and a dollop of sour cream. Serve. For a lower-fat option, replace the sour cream with thick natural yoghurt.